The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It has also two (2) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited and Africa Retakaful) in Johannesburg (South Africa) and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa-Re announces the vacancy of the position of Personal Assistant to the Director,Human Resource & Administration (DHRA) in her Head Office (Lagos, Nigeria) on the Support Staff grade level 2 (SS 2); Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria with the possibility of redeployment to another Profit Centre within the Africa Re Group.
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Human Resource & Administration Department
- Reporting directly to the Director, Human Resource & Administration, the successful candidate will provide administrative support and be responsible for the Secretarial and office management duties in the Office of the Director, Human Resource & Administration.
The duties shall comprise amongst others:
- Manage the new Human Resource Client Service/Shared Services Centre;
- Answering calls, handling queries, and attending to visitors;
- Preparing correspondence on behalf of Human Resource & Administration
- Liaising with staff, clients, and other stakeholders to provide Administrative/Human Resource Services;
- Managing the DHRA’s diary;
- Organizing travel and preparing travel itineraries;
- Writing minutes and taking dictations;
- Planning, organizing and managing events and meetings of the department;
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports, presentations,
Executive summaries and newsletters:
- Collation of weekly, monthly and annual departmental reports;
- Managing and reviewing filing and office systems, most especially biometric attendance reports;
- Organizing and managing staff personal records and staff files;
- Attend meetings and events when required to do so;
- Managing the budget for the office of the DHRA and the Human Resource &
- Perform back-end HR Business Partnering Roles;
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Main Competencies required for this Position
- Good knowledge of Human Resource Business Partnering processes;
- In-depth secretarial and office management skills;
- Appreciable knowledge of local and international Human Resource laws and conventions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, Problem Solving, including Negotiation and Presentation skills;
- Good supervisory skills and Capacity for taking initiatives and decision;
- Disciplined, Reliable, with very high Integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are required;
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Good interpersonal relationship skills, Ability to multitask, with good organizational skills;
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- First University Degree in relevant fields plus 3 years post qualification relevant and qualitative work experience.
- Additional qualification/certification in Human Resource Management (CIPM), secretarial studies and Microsoft office tools shall be added advantages.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
Application Closing Date
Friday, 14th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online