GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: West Africa Market Customer Supply Chain Lead
Requisition ID: WD110165
Position: Full time
Relocation: Not Indicated
- The Supply Chain Capability Manager role is a “customer interfacing” function i.e. Demand Forecasting and Customer Services & Logistics and is the first point of contact for the Market GM and other functional heads
Expected Competencies include:
- Strong coordination of forecasting, planning, Customer Service and Logistics activities.
- Being a key part of the Country Management team to deliver Consumer Healthcare objectives (delivering excellence in customer service, supporting the commercial business in Margin growth and end to end WC reduction).
- Single point accountability for end-to-end SC Quality, Service and Cost remains in region (as Supply Chain resources span multiple areas) as does optimisation (e.g. warehousing)
- Ability to drive rigorous Performance Management and improve performance in line with business expectation (case fill, cost to serve, W&D as % of Rev, Forecast accuracy)
- Champion the customer throughout the E2E supply chain through outside in thinking.
- Best in class order to invoice processes and enhanced customer service.
- Ability to drive down combined primary and secondary distribution as well as warehousing costs.
- Provide single point of contact/escalation for the market General Manager on end-to-end Supply Chain Performance
- Provide the ability to optimize the business delivery and P&L at market level, including full single-point accountability for end-to-end supply chain
- Focus the end-to-end supply chain on aligning to deliver against customer needs / demand at the area / market level
- Customer Service & Logistics and Demand Forecasting
- Total end to end supply chain accountability to the General Manager, Management Team and customers
- The initial contact for all supply related issue internal and external to the LOC
- The role will be accountable to the Supply Chain management team and customers for the end to end supply chain .
- The MCSCL will spend 20% of their time communicating with the hub on demand and supply exceptions eg: demand increases or inventory below safety stock and clarity on get well dates.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics
- At least 5 years’ experience in the FMCG sector
- Good experience in Demand Forecasting and Customer Service & Logistics
- Team management experience
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online