The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (“Nebraska” or “the university”) in the USA is inviting applications from up to 50 Rwandan students to apply for CASNR Undergraduate Scholarship Program (CUSP) to study in the USA.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for Rwandan students.
Eligibility Criteria: At the time of completing the scholarship application, an applicant must:
- Hold Rwandan citizenship.
- Have graduated from high school by the start of the academic year the applicant is applying for or be a transfer student from university. If you have completed a Bachelor degree program, you are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. If you have not completed a Bachelor degree program, you may apply. Cambridge International curriculum and exam results are accepted.
- Have an interest in the agricultural field of study (food production – animal, plant and food systems; conservation agriculture, soils, water quantity and availability; energy and environmental stewardship; business, entrepreneurship and leadership; nutrition, food safety, food engineering and processing; communication, public service and extension education; ecology, conservation biology and climate; and engineering, irrigation, mechanization and technology)
- Write a 500-word essay answering “Describe your future role as a leader to develop the agriculture sector in Rwanda.”
Method of Application: By April 2019, finalists must be able to :
- Apply for and meet all University of Nebraska-Lincoln admission requirements.
- Provide a stamped copy of S4, S5 and S6 academic transcripts with class ranking.
- Provide a copy of national exam results after interview selection (March 2019).
- Meet University of Nebraska-Lincoln English proficiency requirements for full admission
- TOEFL score of 70 with a written subscore of 20
- IELTS score of 6.0 with a written subscore of 5.5
- An English Proficiency Exam will be offered to students selected for an interview who have not taken the TOEFL or IELTS
Please carefully review these instructions before completing the application:
- Before beginning the application, if you are a secondary student, you must take a picture of your most recent school progressive report showing marks in percentage (for example, 72.2%).
2. If you have already completed a Bachelor’s Degree program, you are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
3. Please note that your official academic transcripts will be collected in Kigali, if you are selected for an interview.
4. If you have not taken the TOEFL or IELTS, an English Proficiency Exam will be provided to finalists in Kigali. The TOEFL is not a requirement for the CUSP Scholarship Application.
5. Please complete the application in one sitting. You cannot close the application and come back to it later.
6. Please use CORRECT FORMATS as shown in examples. Otherwise, your application may be considered incomplete.
7. You must be ready to write your essay (up to 500 words) on “Describe your future role as a leader to develop the agriculture sector in Rwanda.”
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 21, 2018