Fully Funded and Paid Facebook Fellowship Recruitment Program 2018
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering or a related area. Winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, an annual stipend, and conference travel support. Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Students who are in their first or second year of study and are members of a minority group* that is underrepresented in the technology sector, may elect to be evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
We are accepting applications from PhD students with research in one of the following areas:
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit our website: https://research.fb.com/programs/fellowship/#Research_Areas
Required application materials:
A) Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
B) Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
C) Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- First or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an emerging scholar award.
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
Applications open on Friday, 1 September 2017 at 00:00 PST.
Completed applications are due by Tuesday, 31 October 2017 at 18:00 PST.
(Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline)
For more information, visit Click here to Apply