Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
The Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees is a UNHCR project aimed at providing quality services for health care, nutrition and WASH intervention in some LGAs in Cross River and Benue state.
Therefore, HIFASS seeks professionals who will ensure beneficiaries are safe, healthy and empowered for improved health outcomes and resilience in the position below:
Job Position: Finance Assistant
Job Location: Cross River
Reports To: Program Manager/Accountant HQ
Duration: 6 months
Purpose of Position
- The Finance Assistant refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers to assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials and suppliers to exchange information.
- Compile and verify budget and accounting data by checking files, calculating expenditure and estimating projections.
- Assist newly arriving or departing staff members on opening/closing bank account; process their entitlement upon assignment.
- Issue PO and non-PO vouchers including monthly salaries of HIFASS/non HIFASS Staff, daily subsistence allowance to staff going on official missions, cost of air-tickets, requisitions of goods and services based on agreements with the suppliers, office running common cost, rental and salary advances, lease agreements of UNHCR offices, etc.
- Process on-line bank transfers ensuring that bank accounts of staff and suppliers are complete.
- Liaise with other functional units who work closely with Finance Unit on relevant issues.
- If applicable, may be required to assist in the preparation of the VAT refund submissions and monitoring of the reimbursable amounts.
- Maintain efficient and timely archiving system of physical and electronic files to ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- May be assigned as the custodian of the office petty-cash.
- Draft routine correspondence.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and Quickbooks).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to “The Assistant Director, Human Resources (HIFASS)” in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the position and choice of location (Cross River) as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted