The Canadian Institute of Actuaries is inviting applications for Graduate Scholarship Program (GSP). The program promotes research and/or graduate-level coursework in actuarial science, to accelerate the transfer of new technology and original knowledge to the industry.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate (master’s) programme.
Eligible Nationalities: Both Canadian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Planning to start a master’s program in September 2018, or already enrolled in the first year of graduate studies (began September 2017 or January 2018).
Field of study in actuarial science or a cognate discipline in Canada. (A master’s program in mathematics, statistics, business, or finance with an actuarial concentration may also be eligible, but preference will be given to those applying to departments with a recognized actuarial leader/researcher.)
Undergraduate degree in actuarial science or a related discipline earned before August 31, 2018.
Demonstrated interest in pursuing a professional actuarial designation. (Preference will be given to students pursuing professional actuarial exams and/or CIA University Accreditation Program credits.)
Method of Application:
They must include the following:
- The completed application form;
- A letter of intent explaining interest in graduate actuarial research, research topic being pursued, relevance of the program, and a career plan;A current résumé (maximum of two pages);
- Relevant university transcripts;
- Relevant professional actuarial organization transcripts (if applicable); and
- Two letters of reference—from an employer and/or professor(s)—sent directly from the referee to email@example.com.
Please return your completed application form, along with supporting documents via email.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 31, 2018