To be taken at (country): South Africa
Course Level: Fellowship, Postgraduate
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be:
- A national of South Africa;
- In possession of an undergraduate Degree;
- Seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme;
- Able to motivate how your field of study aligns to the GreenMatter priority skill areas identified.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: A GreenMatter postgraduate award provides holistic support in the form of:
a) a cash contribution towards costs of living, study fees, and research costs; and
b) the opportunity to access mentoring support, career guidance and platforms to engage in learning networks.
Duration of Programme: GreenMatter will provide funding for up to a maximum of ONE years.
Method of Application: Application Process:
The application form is of primary importance as it serves as the basis for assessment. The form should be completed and submitted online via the GreenMatter website. Please remember to fill in all sections of the form. If you experience any problems, questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be responded to within 2 working days.
The following supporting documents must be included and should be uploaded at the end of the form. Please make sure the documents are labelled accordingly.
- Proof of South African citizenship;
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s);
- Certified academic transcripts (If academic transcripts are not available, current marks will suffice; however, final marks must be submitted as soon as they become available – even in a separate email);
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – List any and all work or volunteer experience;
- Reference letters from two referees.
Ideally, you should submit an academic reference and a reference from an employer. If you have never been employed, we will accept a reference from voluntary work, or two academic references. You should ask your referees to write a reference that relates to your application for this bursary and reflects how you meet the selection criteria. It should outline your strengths as an applicant, demonstrate your capacity to study at the level required, and identify your potential impact in the future.
Submit your references with all the other supporting documents or, should your referee prefer to submit their reference directly, ask them to email it to email@example.com.
The subject of the email should state that it is a reference and comprise the name and surname of the applicant, e.g., Reference: LASTNAME, First name. Once your referee has submitted their reference we will email you a confirmation of receipt.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 11th November 2018