The Financial Analyst is a trainee member providing each incumbent with hands on exposure to the activities of a Company’s Finance Department.
Responsibilities of this position typically cover the preparation of various forms of accounting documents, vouchers, and transaction posting/processing. The role also prepares simple reports under the supervision of the Financial Accountant.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Works within the scope of defined Finance and Accounting systems, processes, procedures and policies to ensure all financial transactions are properly captured on manual documents and within the system, and within specified timeframes.
- Processes invoices due for payment to creditors.
- Prepares customer bills and gas accounting activities.
- Prepares daily float requirements and the daily cash report.
- Prepares and maintains the cash book.
- Posts transactions into the accounting system and prints relevant reports.
- Handles basic banking activities, e.g. deposits and withdrawals.
- Obtains the Company’s Bank statements and performs basic reconciliation.
- Prepares monthly summary schedule of withholding tax (WHT) from approved invoices sent for payment.
- Monitors the company’s liquidity and ensure up-to-date record of investments are kept
- Renders monthly returns for PAYE, WHT, pension and other statutory deductions
- Posts finance and accounting transactions
- Maintains an efficient filing and document retrieval system, both manual and automated
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Financial Accountant.
- Not more than 27 years of age
- 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant function
- Minimum second class upper degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics,
- Additional qualifications such as ACA, CFA and Master’s degree will be an added advantage