Mothers are wonderful people, they nurture, care, love, struggle and conquer against all odds.
Here are 12 things you should thank your mum for this Mother’s Day…
1. Going to see all of your dreadful school assemblies/nativities/plays
Nobody clapped louder for Donkey 2 than your mum.
2. Putting up with your goth/emo/gangster stage
3. Giving you advice
Even if you sometimes don’t ask for it…
4. Paying your phone bill
Teenagers: Your mum is funding your palmchat addiction.
5. Making you dinner
And lunch, breakfast, and everything in-between. Thanks Mum.
6. Cleaning up after you
Remember how there were always clean mugs and folded clothes in your cupboards at home growing up? That was your mum.
7. Washing your clothes
Only when you have to do your own laundry do you realise HOW INCREDIBLY DULL it is.
8. Picking you up from teenage parties
Even if it was after midnight and you were in a bit of “a state”.
9. Driving you to extra curricular activities
Football, ballet, guitar lessons, swimming, or whatever it was, your mum was always waiting to pick you up (unless she was 2 minutes late in which case you panicked).
10. Helping with your ridiculous school projects
All school projects: at least 50% mum made.
11. Picking up the pieces when you had a bad day
Mum’s are always ready with a hug and a cup of tea when it gets a bit much.
12. Accepting and loving you for who you are
No matter what you do with your life.